Book Spotlight: Chase Darkness with Me by Billy Jensen

I was inspired to start this blog after I read Michelle McNamara's I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer, and since investigative journalist Billy Jensen helped finish that masterpiece after Michelle passed away, of course I was excited to read his book. Chase Darkness with Me follows Jensen's journey as he becomes someone who solves murders instead of just writing about them, and it's a fascinating read. It was really interesting to read about all the cases Jensen took on, and I could tell that he truly cared about the victims and their loved ones. The book is really inspiring too...I decided a long time ago to devote my life to writing/making people laugh, but after reading Chase Darkness with Me, I have a really strong desire to try to solve a murder.

Chase Darkness with Me gave me quite a dilemma...I tore through it, but I also didn't want it to end (a dilemma I never mind having). It's one of the best true crime books I've ever read, and I really hope Jensen will write a few more. I enjoyed every moment I spent reading this book, and the chapter about the arrest of the Golden State Killer was incredibly satisfying...it brought back all the emotions I felt when I first found out, and reading about it from Jensen's perspective was incredible. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy now...and clear your schedule because once you start reading, you're not going to want to put it down.

My rating: 9/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay Home and Read Never Trust an Angel for Free!

Book Spotlight: The Phantom Prince: My Life with Ted Bundy by Elizabeth Kendall

Unraveled: The Long Island Serial Killer