Book Spotlight: I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara

Since Michelle McNamara's I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer is what inspired me to start a true crime blog, I thought it would be fitting for this book to be the first one I feature on Cloudy with a Chance of Murder. I'd been looking forward to reading this book ever since I first heard about it, and it was well worth the wait. Sadly, Michelle passed away before she could finish writing the book, but her husband, Patton Oswalt, lead researcher, Paul Haynes, and investigative journalist Billy Jensen took over the task of completing the book and making sure this masterpiece saw the light of day.

I'm pretty obsessed with true crime and horror, so I don't get scared easily, but I'll Be Gone in the Dark had me triple-checking the locks and looking in the closets and behind the shower curtain before I went to bed every night. The Golden State Killer is believed to have committed 10 murders and 50 rapes, so the fact that he was never caught is pretty terrifying. In the book, it's easy to see how much empathy Michelle had for the victims and how determined she was to find the Golden State Killer. I hope her incredible book leads to this monster finally being identified.

My rating: 10/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay Home and Read Never Trust an Angel for Free!

Book Spotlight: The Phantom Prince: My Life with Ted Bundy by Elizabeth Kendall

Unraveled: The Long Island Serial Killer