Movie Spotlight: Zodiac

Zodiac is a 2007 movie starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Ruffalo, Robert Downey, Jr., Anthony Edwards, Brian Cox, Elias Koteas, Donal Logue, John Carroll Lynch, Dermot Mulroney, and Chloe Sevigny. It is based on a 1986 book by Robert Graysmith, who was a political cartoonist at the San Francisco Chronicle when the Zodiac Killer was at large. Zodiac is about the search for the Zodiac Killer, who taunted the police and sent encrypted letters to the San Francisco Chronicle as he terrorized San Francisco in the late '60s and early '70s.

Zodiac is a superb film full of impressive performances, particularly Jake Gyllenhaal as cartoonist-turned-amateur detective Robert Graysmith, Robert Downey, Jr. as crime reporter Paul Avery, and Mark Ruffalo as SFPD Inspector David Toschi. I haven't watched a ton of true crime movies (I watch lots of true crime TV shows, but mostly stick to comedy and horror movies), but of the ones I've seen, Zodiac is the best. It was the best when I watched it the first time, and 7 or 8 years later, I still haven't seen one I thought was better. If you're interested in the Zodiac Killer case or just true crime in general, do yourself a favor and watch this movie.

My rating: 9/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay Home and Read Never Trust an Angel for Free!

Book Spotlight: The Phantom Prince: My Life with Ted Bundy by Elizabeth Kendall

Unraveled: The Long Island Serial Killer