The Golden State Killer: It's Finally Over

More than forty decades after his reign of terror began, the Golden State Killer/Original Night Stalker/East Area Rapist has finally been identified and arrested. His name is Joseph James DeAngelo, and he's a former cop who was fired for shoplifting dog repellent and a hammer in 1979. As I've said before, Michelle McNamara's I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer really creeped me out and inspired me to start this blog, so of course I'm thrilled that the Golden State Killer has finally been caught. Here's a little more about Michelle's work on the case:

She stalked the Golden State Killer until she died. Some think her work led to the suspect’s arrest.

Michelle was married to Patton Oswalt, who I've been a huge fan of for a long time, and last night he talked about the case on Late Night with Seth Meyers. It was amazing and emotional, and you should definitely watch it. : )


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay Home and Read Never Trust an Angel for Free!

Book Spotlight: The Phantom Prince: My Life with Ted Bundy by Elizabeth Kendall

Unraveled: The Long Island Serial Killer